Metal Honeycomb Catalysts
- More highly active than ceramic honeycomb catalysts etc. because the wash-coat layer supporting the catalytic precious metal is thinner
- The metal honeycomb structure has a larger surface area than conventional structures with the same number of cells.
- The metal honeycomb structure has a high cross section aperture ratio, reducing the drop in gas pressure.
- The metal catalyst structure has a high physical strength against drop impact and pushing force.
- Can be reactivated and recycled (VOC treatment type).
Catalytic Oxidation of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
|Type||Metal Honeycomb||Ceramic Honeycomb||Pellet|
|Thermal shock resistance||Strong||Weak||Middle|
*Pressure drop at 1.0 Nm/sec, 200°C
|Shape||Catalyst size (mm)||Catalyst volume (ml)||Gas flow rate (L/min)|
VOC Removal Efficiency of Metal Honeycomb Catalysts
PHC (Pre-Heater and Catalyst)
PHC has a sheath heater and metal catalyst built in the stainless steel tube which is mounted on the exhaust pipe to treat VOC gases.
PHC is particularly useful when the flow rate is small. In addition, tar accumulation can be prevented by installing PHC in the upstream side of the exhaust pipe.
|Diameter size||Heater capacity (kW)||Catalyst volume|
|50A||0.9||Determined depending on the substance to be treated and flow rate.|